Seoul Metropolitan Government Announcement #2019 - 12200
Seoul Blockchain Support Center
Seoul Metropolitan Government is accepting application for companies in the blockchain industry for the 'Seoul Blockchain Support Center' program to discover and assist the outstanding companies that are interested in talent development and global market entry. We encourage all of the exceptional startups in the blockchain industry to apply for the program.
2019. 11 .22
Mayor of Seoul
1. Applicant Qualification
a. Local and international startup companies, registered less than 7 years, that
possess or utilize technologies in blockchain-related fields to carrying out businesses. ※ Based on Application Closing date(’19.12.09)
※ Full occupancy of the space may not necessarily be filledif not enough applicants are qualified for the program.
2. Non-qualified Applicants
a. 'Blockchain-based Crypto-Asset Sale and Brokerage' are not recognized as Venture Business, resulting in not eligible to apply under relevant laws, such as the Act on Special Measures for the Promotion of Venture Businesses.
b. Those who have defaulted obligations from financial institutions, or those delinquent in national or local tax payments.
c. Those who receive benefits of startup office space support from Seoul Metropolitan Government , local government or any other public agencies.
(Exceptions: if the benefits are terminated before the week of move-in entry, or discontinuance of the previous support)
d. Those who recognized to have other legal and regulatory restrictions in receiving support for startups.
3. Program Information
a. Facility : Seoul Blockchain Support Center
b. Location : 78, Mapo-daero, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea (Police Mutual Aid Association - Jaram Building 8th floor, 11th floor)
c. Size : Around 40 Independent office space (8-person room, 4-person room)
※ Date may change depending on progress of construction
- Local Business : Around 30, International Business : Around 10
※ Adjustable in proportion to the support provided for the resident companies
d. Move-in Period : 2019. 12. 23.(Mon) ~ 2020. 1. 22.(Wed)
4. Application Process
a. Application Period : 2019. 11. 22.(Fri) ~ 2019. 12. 09.(Mon), closes at 18:00
b. How : Send necessary files including Application Form through email
c. Required documents
- Application form and Business Plan (Attachment 1)
- Consent to Collect, Use and Provision of Personal Information (Attachment 2)
- Copy of Business License & Corporate Registration
※ Convert the application file with the representative's signature into PDF and compress the file (File name as 'Company Name(Business License Number).zip')
d. Additional document for finalists' (Submit the original document at the time of contract)
- Copy of Corporate (Personal) National Tax and Local Tax Payment Certificate
- Copy of Financial Statement and 4 Major Insurance Certificate of employees
5. Selection Procedure
a. 1st Round Results Announcement : 2019. 12. 16.(Mon) (Expected)
b. 2nd Round In-person Presentation : 2019. 12. 18.(Wed)~19.(Thurs) (Expected)
- Schedules are subject to change. Announcements about the schedule and presentation file submission for the 2nd Round selected companies will be sent out individually.
- 5 minute presentation and 5 minute Q&A session for each company
- Evaluation criteria :
(1st Round Document Evaluation)
Organization Capability, Technology, Marketability, Growth Potential (4 Items)
(2nd Round In-person Presentation Evaluation)
Business Performance Capability, Technology, Development (3 Items)
- Selection Method : The scores of the judges, excluding the highest and the lowest scores, are averaged and calculated as the final evaluation scores in order to secure fairness. The finalists will be selected based on the total of the document evaluation (30%) and the in-person presentation evaluation (70%). The final selection will be made from the highest score first that scored 70 or above.
c. Finalist Announcement : 2019. 12. 23.(Mon) Expected (Individual Announcement)
a. Residency Period : One year (Possible of one year extension with performance
b. Monthly Fee : 5,000 won/㎡ per month (Tax excluded and finalized after move-in)
※ No extra deposit or maintenance fee
c. Key Benefits
- Independent office space (4 or 8-person room, desks and chairs according to the size of the room)
- Public meeting room, educational space, lounge and more are available
- Electricity/heating, internet, access card and door lock security system are provided
- Buildup programs for distinct levels within the blockchain industry are provided
- Number of interactive and growth programs such as networking, seminars, and forums are provided
a. No documents submitted in connection with the public collection will be returned.
b. Actions may be taken in case of violation of the notice, false entry or omission of the application, such as cancellation of selection or forced to move out.
c. The application will not be accepted if failure to comply with the procedure on this announcement.
d. Companies (organizations) and individuals who wish to apply must fully understand the relevant information, such as notices. Companies (organizations) and individuals are responsible for any circumstances caused by failure to understand the information
e. Finalists must move-in and change the business address registration of the HQ or the branch office to the 'Seoul Blockchain Support Center' within 1 month after being selected
f. All dates not specified in the notice are December 9th, 2019 (Application Close date)
'Seoul Blockchain Support Center' Operations Team (☎ 070-7706-6114)
2. Consent to Collect, Use and Provision of Personal Information : Attachment1(Application).docx (17.09 KiB),Attachment2(Consent).docx (15.098 KiB)
3. Detailed Evaluable Table : Attachment3(Evaluation).docx (16.787 KiB)